Bow down bitches: Beyoncé attends her own course at UW!

0
The Queen herself, Beyonc&eacute; Knowles-Carter, was reportedly amongst the students taking DRAMA 282: Gender and Performance, a.k.a. &ldquo;The Beyonc&eacute; Course&rdquo; offered by the University of Waterloo&rsquo;s department of drama and speech communication last fall.&nbsp;</p>

Just how did this Houston-raised megastar get into a course that had a lineup of students waitlisted? “I need no permission, did I mention,” she said flashing her signature smile that has slayed worldwide. “My persuasion can build a nation.”

“I felt like it was time to set up my future,” she said regarding her decision to go back to school. “So I set a goal. My goal was independence.” 

In an interview with the Waterloo Enquirer, Beyoncé stated that there were times that balancing being a student, mother, wife, singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, feminist, entrepreneur, and role model felt like a bit much. “Why did God give me this life? Sometimes it’s overwhelming,” she said.

However, she does not let that stop her from working hard and grinding ‘til she owns it. “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”

Like many students, group work is one of the biggest challenges that Beyoncé has faced during her time at the university. “I’m not bossy. I’m the boss. I ask myself: Why did God give me my talent, my gift, my family?”. She continued, “But I know you’re not supposed to question God, so I’m grateful for the life He’s given me. I am blessed. God is real.”

Beyoncé stated that what gets her through all the schoolwork and studying is putting some gloss on her lips and having her man, Shawn Carter, the rapper known to many as Jay Z, on her hips. She also says that she’s “got hot sauce in her bag (swag).”

Besides taking DRAMA 282, Beyoncé has been taking classes at the university under the alias of Sasha Fierce, and is enrolled as a student under the faculty of engineering. When asked why engineering, she responded, “because I like it and I wanna put an iron ring on it.” 

“Also, co-op,” she added.