<strong>Break and enters</strong> UWPS are investigating four breaking and entering incidents that took place in rooms within the math building between 6 and 7:15 p.m. Sept. 7. It is believed a male suspect entered the building via the front doors and began searching for items to steal. Photos of a suspect entering and leaving the building have been captured. There were four offices entered on the third floor and the following items were stolen:
- Two Apple iMac desktop computers along with accompanying keyboards, mice, and powercords
- Asus PC Netbook
- Apple monitor and keyboard
- Various computer power cords
- Loose coins
Male, wearing a white and grey T-shirt with a white logo on the front, white pants, black shoes, black baseball cap, and carrying a large black shoulder bag.
UWPS are investigating the theft of cash from a locker room at CIF. A visiting university varsity soccer team was in attendance at Warrior Field Sept. 13. They changed and left personal belongings in a CIF locker room. Upon returning to the room at the end of the game, five of these student athletes discovered various amounts of cash had been removed from their wallets. A suspect’s image was captured on a CCTV surveillance camera.
Male, white, late 30’s to early 40’s, facial scruff, median build, approx. 220lbs, approx. 5’8 to 5’10. Wearing: black shirt with white graphics, dark coloured jeans, black running shoes with white laces, and a black and grey camouflage jacket with hood. <em>Bikes:</em>
- Ladies Norco 21 speed mountain bike, dark red, stolen between 2:30 p.m. Sept. 10 and 11 a.m. Sept. 11 from bike rack outside main entrance to East MKV, cable lock cut.
- Mens Da Vinci mountain bike, green, stolen on Sept. 6, between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., from bike rack outside B1, cable lock cut.
- Mens Diamondback, black and grey, stolen between 12:05 a.m. Sept. 5 and 8 p.m. Sept. 8, from bike rack between B1 and ESC.
- GoodLife Fitness gym bag containing various articles of clothing, red and black with white lettering. Wallet recovered same day but was missing cash from inside.
- Stolen from an unsecured locker in the PAC men’s locker room between 6:15 and 7:10 p.m.
- Apple iPhone, gold, stolen Sept. 9 at approximately 11:30 a.m. outside V1 E5.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, grey and black, stolen Sept. 9 at approximately 12 a.m. in V1 cafeteria.
UWPS are investigating an incident of graffiti on campus; On Sept. 11 UWPS found writing on an exterior wall of the Davis Centre in an alcove across from the bus stop. The words “Consume Conform Consume Conform” were stenciled in red and yellow paint. There have been five previous findings of this type of graffiti on campus this year.
Liquor License Act Provincial Offence
<strong>Notices Issued (4):</strong><br /> Minors consuming alcohol – 4 Police encourage anyone that has information regarding these offences to contact UWPS directly or report via the UWPS Anonymous Reporting system found on the UW Police website: https://uwaterloo.ca/police/anonymous-reporting-form. Lose some property? Check with UWPS! To date, in 2014 UWPS has processed over 1200 items of found property on campus including laptops, cellphones, wallets, Watcards, passports, bikes, jewelry, cash, and numerous other items. Many of these items have been returned to their rightful owners.