Campus Crime

0

UWPS arrest bike theft suspects

On June 7 at 4:35 p.m., UWPS officers observed two males acting suspiciously in the area of bike racks at QNC and SLC. It was determined that UWPS officers had charged both males with trespassing on UW property on an earlier date. 

During the course of the investigation, it is alleged that one of the men assaulted one of the investigating officers. Subsequently both males were arrested and Waterloo Regional Police were called in to assist the UWPS officers resulting in several criminal charges.  The officer involved received minor injuries from the incident.

A 32-year-old Waterloo male, with no affiliation to UW, is charged with assaulting police, uttering threats, possession of break-in tools, failure to comply with OIC undertaking, and breach of probation.

A 23-year-old Waterloo male, with no affiliation to UW, is charged with possession of break-in tools, breach of recognizance and breach of probation.

Both males were turned over to Waterloo Regional Police and were held in custody for a show cause hearing.

On June 8 at 7:30 a.m., a UWPS officer observed a male acting suspiciously at the bike rack at QNC. Investigation revealed this male had removed several parts from bikes at the rack. He was also found in possession of bolt cutters.

A 44-year-old Waterloo male, with no affiliation to UW, is charged with attempting theft, possession of break-in tools, obstructing police, and breach of probation.

This male was turned over to Waterloo Regional Police and held in custody for a show cause hearing.

Graffiti

On May 28, several graffiti tags were found on the exterior walls on the southwest corner of the Math and Computer Building. The words “COMMUTE WORK COMMUTE SLEEP,” “CONSUME CONFORM,” and “WORK STUDY PLAY OBEY,” were found stenciled in red and yellow paint.