Campus Crime

0

Suspicious Persons

UWPS is investigating two separate reports of people acting suspicious while on campus. It is not known if the incidents involve the same people, but it appears on both occasions the suspects were canvassing to steal bicycles.

• On May 10 at approximately 3:00 a.m., a male was seen in the area of the bike rack located outside QNC. He is described as: white, wearing a black hooded coat, black shirt with a white logo on the front, blue jeans, black shoes with white trim
  • On May 2 at approximately 6:20 a.m., two males were seen near the bike racks in the PAC parking lot by the SLC. They are described as follows: male, white, black coat, white hooded shirt, jeans, red or orange shoes; male, white, short black hair, black coat, white shirt, white running shoes

Thefts

Bikes (3):

ML courtyard rack between December 2013 and May 7 — ladies, youth size, bright green

PAS north side rack between 4:30 p.m., May 9 and 10:30 a.m., May 10 — ladies hybrid Norco, black and blue

CEIT rack – between 1 p.m., May 10 and 1:30 p.m., May 11— men’s Rocky Mountain 21 speed, black and green.  Front wheel left behind.

Cell phone (1):

At PAC during exams on April 22 — LG Nexus 4, black

Cash from wallet:

A wallet was lost in MC at 3 p.m. May 9. It was subsequently turned into the Turnkey Desk at the SLC at 6 p.m. the same date but with an amount of cash missing.

Speed enforced in campus parking lots

A complaint was received regarding vehicles driving at speeds that are endangering pedestrians in Parking Lot C. Signs are posted in UW parking lots indicating there is a speed limit of 20 km/h. UWPS have been and will continue to monitor and enforce vehicle movement in parking lots. UW citations can and will be issued to offenders. People are reminded to travel safely and be particularly aware of pedestrian traffic on campus.

Police encourage anyone that has information regarding any of these incidents to contact UWPS directly at 519-888-4911 or report via the UWPS anonymous reporting system found on the UW police website, uwaterloo.ca/police/anonymous-reporting-form.