Campus Crime

0
<strong>Robbery</strong>

On Jan. 17, UWPS received a report of a male being assaulted and robbed of a cellphone. At approximately 10 p.m., a lone male was walking along the footpath by Ring Road opposite to the EV3 building. He was approached by two suspects, one from the front and one from the back. He was assaulted and relieved of his cellphone.

<em>Suspects&rsquo; description</em>

Suspects are male, 5-8 to 5-10, 180 lbs., both wearing balaclavas, one wearing a green hoodie and the other wearing a black hoodie. They were seen leaving the area in a late model white sedan, possibly being driven by a third person.

The victim suffered minor injuries.

The investigation has been turned over to Waterloo Regional Police detectives.

Police remind members of the UW community to be cognizant of their surroundings and try to travel in well-lit areas at night.

Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information to assist in the investigation is requested to call Waterloo Regional Police at 519-653-7700, Ext. 6342, Crime Stoppers, or UWPS at 519-888-4911.

<strong>Thefts</strong>

<em>Winter coats</em>

Men’s Canada Goose winter coat with hood, grey, taken Jan. 12 around 9:40 p.m. from hallway outside CIF weight room.

Men’s Canada Goose winter coat, black, and a men’s wallet containing ID and cash, taken Jan. 12 between 9:30 and 10:50 p.m. from hallway outside CIF cardio room.

A suspect was captured on CCTV putting on one of the coats and leaving the area, he is described as: male, short black hair, facial hair, grey track pants, grey hooded sweater, carrying a gym bag.

On Jan. 12, between 12 p.m. and 12:45 p.m. at the gym in the REV Central Complex while the complainant was working out, his wallet, iPod Touch, cellphone, and residence keys were taken. It was later discovered that an unknown person had turned into the REV front desk lost and found the wallet, cellphone, and residence keys.

•   Still missing: iPod Touch and a small amount of cash

Police encourage anyone that has information regarding any of these incidents or observing any suspicious activity on campus to contact UWPS directly at 519-888-4911 or report via the UWPS Anonymous Reporting system found on the UWPS website.