Article with Campus Wellness Therapy Group Pic

0

Check it out: Campus Wellness Workshops and Therapy Groups 

Could you use a little more” zen” in your life? Do you want to learn how to alleviate your anxiety? How about becoming a master of your low moods? 

Between never-ending school work, the constant flood of content on social media, and pandemic-induced stress, life can feel pretty overwhelming for students right now. 

Luckily, it’s not too late to check out the winter offerings for Campus Wellness workshops and therapy groups at UW. 

Campus Wellness has adjusted their offerings to be virtual again this winter to ensure students are supported as they navigate the term. Several informative sessions and support circles are being offered throughout this term to help students cope with any challenges this year.

The wellness offerings this term include: 

• Zen Out: Learning Mindfulness to Ease Depression
  • Unhook from Anxiety: Hone your skills to unhook yourself from your anxiety and enjoy life a little more
  • Mastering Low Mood: Learn how to manage moods of depression 
  • Grad Student Community and Conversation Circle: Join a safe space to talk with other grad students about the stress of balancing school and life
  • Skills for Safer Living: A suicide ideation group for students who struggle with persistent suicide ideation
  • Alleviating Anxiety: Get introduced to several strategies designed to cope with your anxious thoughts and behaviours 

If any of these workshops or groups interest you, you can learn more and sign up at: uwaterloo.ca/campus-wellness/counselling-services/seminars-and-workshops