An orange banner with abstract wave patterns features the words "Sports & Health" in bold white text within a white rectangle. Below, "Imprint" is written, followed by "Your Stories, Your Voice," promoting UW's commitment to staying active and fitness classes.

Men’s volleyball getting set to host alumni golf classic

Justin Gec

| July 5, 2024

On Saturday, July 6, the UW men’s varsity volleyball team will host their annual Alumni Golf Classic. This simulated golf event will be held at Waterloo’s largest indoor golf simulator, Golfplay Waterloo, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.  

The beauty of playing a golf simulator is that you can play various courses worldwide without leaving the region. For this event, patrons will be playing on the world-renowned Pebble Beach golf course located in Pebble Beach, California. Participants in this event will be playing in teams of three, scramble style on the front nine of this course. The fee per team is $450 which will cover the team’s playing fee, a delicious lunch, and a drink ticket for each member. 

Opportunities to win multiple prizes and other contests will be taking place over the course of this event. The ultimate prize that will be awarded to the winning team of the scramble will be an opportunity to play a round of golf with Shayne White, UW men’s volleyball head coach, at Whistle Bear Golf Course located in Cambridge, Ontario. 

Even if you are not a big golfer, you can still attend this event to socialize and have a good time. A social ticket can be purchased for $50 which will include a complimentary lunch and the opportunity to enter and participate in the various competitions to try your luck for one of many prizes. Overall, if you are looking for a fun and social way to spend your Saturday afternoon, while also supporting the men’s varsity volleyball team, this is a great opportunity. Tickets can be purchased on the Golfplay website.

Share this story

• A yellow graphic with swirling patterns features a rectangular white box outlined in black with text reading "Campus News." Below the box, the logo and name "Imprint" are displayed with the tagline "Your Stories, Your Voice.

Campus News, News

WUSA Thrift store to remain closed for fall term, offer pop-up events

Andie Kaiser

| August 11, 2024

Campus News, News

UW seeks new Board of Governors members

Janelle Gunaratnam

| August 8, 2024

Campus News, News

Students feel university is not ensuring safety amid Chem Club allegations

Janelle Gunaratnam

| August 7, 2024